Windows (AMD) and Red Hat (CentOS) installation errors

On Windows AMD - Does Prodigy support Windows AMD? When I try to install the Windows wheel I am getting ‘whl is not a supported wheel on this platform’

On Red Hat CentOS - I successfully installed the Prodigy Linux wheel file but am running into SQL db None type errors when I tried to create new annotations using e.g, ‘prodigy dataset my_set “A new dataset” --author Me’. I have run/installed pip3 install mysql-connector-python. Is there a different preferred sql package?

My prodigy.json file looks like
{
“theme”: “basic”,
“custom_theme”: {},
“batch_size”: 10,
“port”: 8080,
“host”: “localhost”,
“cors”: true,
“db”: “mysql”,
“db_settings”: {
“mysql”: {
“host” :“host”,
“user” :“user”,
“passwd”:“password”,
“db”: “name”
}
},
“api_keys”: {},
“auto_create”: true,
“auto_exclude_current”: true,
“instant_submit”: false,
“show_stats”: false,
“hide_meta”: false,
“show_flag”: false,
“instructions”: false,
“swipe”: false,
“split_sents_threshold”: false,
“diff_style”: “words”,
“html_template”: false,
“global_css”: null,
“javascript”: null,
“writing_dir”: “ltr”,
“hide_true_newline_tokens”: false,
“ner_manual_require_click”: false,
“ner_manual_label_style”: “list”,
“choice_style”: “single”,
“choice_auto_accept”: false,
“darken_image”: 0,
“show_bounding_box_center”: false,
“preview_bounding_boxes”: false,
“shade_bounding_boxes”: false
}

Hi! Both Windows AM and CentOS should be fine – you just have to rename the .whl file to exactly match your platform (see the installation docs for details), because pip cares about that.

For MySQL, the database settings can take any valid MySQLdb or PyMySQL connection parameters. Under the hood, Prodigy uses peewee, so for debugging, it can sometimes help to connect form peewee directly. None type errors when connecting to a database often indicate that the driver isn’t running or set up correctly. Does everything work with the default SQLite, though?

(On same project as OP) thank you for the quick response! FWIW we are getting the error with the SQLite default as well (JSON file below). It looks like sqlite3 is the corresponding package? Having trouble installing that one directly, get error message:

"Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement sqlite3 (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for sqlite3".

{
“theme”: “basic”,
“custom_theme”: {},
“batch_size”: 10,
“port”: 8080,
“host”: “localhost”,
“cors”: true,
“db”: “sqlite”,
“db_settings”: {
“sqlite”: {“name”: “prodigy.db”},
“mysql”: {
“host”: “host”,
“user”: “user”,
“passwd”: “password”,
“db”: “name”
}
},
“api_keys”: {},
“auto_create”: true,
“auto_exclude_current”: true,
“instant_submit”: false,
“show_stats”: false,
“hide_meta”: false,
“show_flag”: false,
“instructions”: false,
“swipe”: false,
“split_sents_threshold”: false,
“diff_style”: “words”,
“html_template”: false,
“global_css”: null,
“javascript”: null,
“writing_dir”: “ltr”,
“hide_true_newline_tokens”: false,
“ner_manual_require_click”: false,
“ner_manual_label_style”: “list”,
“choice_style”: “single”,
“choice_auto_accept”: false,
“darken_image”: 0,
“show_bounding_box_center”: false,
“preview_bounding_boxes”: false,
“shade_bounding_boxes”: false
}

Thanks for the update! SQLite should be included in your Python distribution – so you shouldn’t need to install any third-party package and it should just work out-of-the-box.

What error message are you seeing when you use the default SQLite? It sounds like there’s definitely something going on and it’s probably easiest to debug the simple SQLite setup first.

@ines I was able to get Prodigy installed using our windows VM. There was a few loops I had to go through

1. Install Microsoft visual studio c++ python compiler
  2. Change the wheel file name to match our windows OS
  3. Make prodigy an environment variable described in this post Win7Pro installation

I originally installed prodigy with python3.7 but ran into the same errors described in this post: Error: No module named 'prodigy.models.dep'