Win7Pro installation

Hi,

I’m a bit confused on installing Prodigy under Win7Pro:
(Folder structure: c:/Anaconda3/, c:/Anaconda/Scripts, c:/Anaconda/Lib/site-packages)

c:/Anaconda/Scripts: pip install c:/users/XXX/Downloads/prodigy…whl works, but where does it all end up?

Some of it appears in the site-packages, but when running
c:/prodigy dataset my_dataset “New DataSet”
it replies with “prodigy not recognized as…”

No doubt trivial, but I just can’t get it working

If the installation worked, the Prodigy wheel was installed in your Python environment (just like any other package) :slightly_smiling_face: Does the following work?

python -m prodigy stats

python -m prodigy stats

Version 1.4.2
Location c:\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\prodigy
Prodigy Home: c:\Prodigy
Platform Windows-7-6-1-7601-SP1
Python Version 3.6.4
Database Name SQLite
Database Id sqlite
Total Dataset 0
Total Sessions 0

but c:> prodigy dataset reviews “Entities in customer reviews”
gives
“prodigy is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batchfile”
c:\anaconda3\lib\site-packages, c:\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\prodigy
are in the path-variable

still a mystery :frowning: (to me), but probably a simple solution

Problem is solved. Thanks for helping.

1 Like

If you check out the installation docs, I think there’s also a code snippet for adding the handy prodigy command on Windows (so you won’t have to type python -m). Alternatively, you can also just create an alias.

How did you solve the problem?

If you’re referring to “prodigy is not recognized as an internal or external command”: The easiest solution is to just use python -m prodigy instead. You could also set up your own alias that maps prodigy to python -m prodigy.

under Linux you have to explicitly state what version python you use (2.7+, 3.5+). Somehow I installed python 2.7 as default. Since I run python 3 I just use

• python3 -m prodigy

Should do the trick (also, install with pip3!!)

Good luck

1 Like