Problem with Prodigy wheel installation

linux
install
(Md Hasan Shahriar) #1

I have subscribed to prodigy and got a README file in the email. When i tried to install prodigy wheel on linux, it shows following messages:

1. command: ** pip install prodigy*.whl **
    Requirement ‘prodigy*.whl’ looks like a filename, but the file does not exist
    prodigy*.whl is not a valid wheel filename.

2. command: pip install prodigy-1.6.1-cp35.cp36.cp37-cp35m.cp36m.cp37m-linux_x86_64.whl
    Requirement ‘prodigy-1.6.1-cp35.cp36.cp37-cp35m.cp36m.cp37m-linux_x86_64.whl’ looks like a filename, but the file does not exist
    Processing ./prodigy-1.6.1-cp35.cp36.cp37-cp35m.cp36m.cp37m-linux_x86_64.whl
    Could not install packages due to an EnvironmentError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/home/user/prodigy-1.6.1-cp35.cp36.cp37-cp35m.cp36m.cp37m-linux_x86_64.whl’

I tried both commands with pip and pip3. And got the same result mentioned above.

As command 1 show me that the file doesn’t exist, from where i can download the prodigy.whl file?

P.S: my device has already python 3.7.0, spacy 2.0.16, pip, wheel installed.

0 Likes

(Ines Montani) #2

Hi! This might sound like a stupid question, but did you double-check that this file definitely exists at that exact location and that it’s readable?

This error really indicates that it can’t even resolve the file – so it doesn’t even get to the installation process.

0 Likes

(David Pirie) #3

Hi ines, I have the same error and I’m not sure what you mean by ‘this file’. Can elaborate on what I should be confirming here. FYI I’m using a mac so the command I used was:

pip install prodigy-1.7.1-cp35.cp36.cp37-cp35m.cp36m.cp37m-macosx_10_13_x86_64.whl
0 Likes

(Ines Montani) #4

Sorry if this was unclear – I meant the Prodigy installer you downloaded via your personal download link. This should be a .whl file, which can be installed just like any Python package. So essentially, you’ll be running:

pip install /path/to/downloaded/prodigy-1.7.1-[...].whl

(One thing to note: It’s not exactly intuitive, but pip cares about the file name and complains if it doesn’t match the original name. For example, if you download the installer twice, you might end up with a file like xxx (1).whl. pip does not like that.)

0 Likes