Problem with Prodigy wheel installation

I have subscribed to prodigy and got a README file in the email. When i tried to install prodigy wheel on linux, it shows following messages:

1. command: ** pip install prodigy*.whl **
    Requirement 'prodigy*.whl' looks like a filename, but the file does not exist
    prodigy*.whl is not a valid wheel filename.

2. command: pip install prodigy-1.6.1-cp35.cp36.cp37-cp35m.cp36m.cp37m-linux_x86_64.whl
    Requirement 'prodigy-1.6.1-cp35.cp36.cp37-cp35m.cp36m.cp37m-linux_x86_64.whl' looks like a filename, but the file does not exist
    Processing ./prodigy-1.6.1-cp35.cp36.cp37-cp35m.cp36m.cp37m-linux_x86_64.whl
    Could not install packages due to an EnvironmentError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/user/prodigy-1.6.1-cp35.cp36.cp37-cp35m.cp36m.cp37m-linux_x86_64.whl'

I tried both commands with pip and pip3. And got the same result mentioned above.

As command 1 show me that the file doesn't exist, from where i can download the prodigy.whl file?

P.S: my device has already python 3.7.0, spacy 2.0.16, pip, wheel installed.

Hi! This might sound like a stupid question, but did you double-check that this file definitely exists at that exact location and that it's readable?

This error really indicates that it can't even resolve the file – so it doesn't even get to the installation process.

Hi ines, I have the same error and I’m not sure what you mean by ‘this file’. Can elaborate on what I should be confirming here. FYI I’m using a mac so the command I used was:

pip install prodigy-1.7.1-cp35.cp36.cp37-cp35m.cp36m.cp37m-macosx_10_13_x86_64.whl

Sorry if this was unclear – I meant the Prodigy installer you downloaded via your personal download link. This should be a .whl file, which can be installed just like any Python package. So essentially, you'll be running:

pip install /path/to/downloaded/prodigy-1.7.1-[...].whl

(One thing to note: It's not exactly intuitive, but pip cares about the file name and complains if it doesn't match the original name. For example, if you download the installer twice, you might end up with a file like xxx (1).whl. pip does not like that.)

I'm also having this problem...

Maybe I missed it, but on install page, there's an image of a Download button to download the wheel file but as far as I can tell, no actual Download button. I cannot find the page where this image comes from where I can click on a download button to download the wheel file. I've tried googling for the page, but to no avail.

The download link lets you choose between Prodigy wheels for all supported platforms: macOS, Linux and Windows on Python 3.6+. You can download them all and keep them somewhere – they’re all yours! Whenever a new version of Prodigy is available, you’ll be able to download it using the same download link.

(I'm trying to download for the mac 10.15.7 Catalina).

Hi! After purchasing Prodigy, you should be redirected to the download page, which lets you download the installers. You should also receive an email with your personal download link (which never changes and lets you download future versions as well). The page should then look pretty much like the example shown in the screenshot. If you haven't received an email, feel free to email us at contact@explosion.ai so we can look into it and resend.

All is well. I thought there was a trial version that I could download while my company's bureaucracy was spinning. I got a the appropriate files now.

I got it up and running, although we had to ask for the alpha Prodigy version, since we're on SpaCy 3.0.

Some of the videos will need na update. This video is excellent but some of the command lines don't work anymore.... TRAINING AN INSULTS CLASSIFIER with Prodigy in ~1 hour - YouTube

Thanks for all this great work!

There have been some small changes to the commands since and we've added notes on the respective changes to the video description. (YouTube doesn't let you add visual annotations to videos once they're published.)

My confusion with loading the wheel is that it isn't mentioned on the loading wheel page how to get a trial. I see now that you have to contact sales to get set up on a virtual environment. (I forget which page mentions this.)

Some clarification should be added.