Installation on Windows

I am unable to install prodigy…
can somebody please guide me to install in it for windows 10.
I have already installed spacy 2.0 & my python version is 3.5+

Processing c:\users\user\desktop\prodigy-1.4.2-cp35.cp36-cp35m.cp36m-win_amd64.whl
Requirement ‘prodigy-1.4.2-cp35.cp36-cp35m.cp36m-win_amd64.whl’ looks like a filename, but the file does not exist
Could not install packages due to an EnvironmentError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘C:\Users\User\Desktop\prodigy-1.4.2-cp35.cp36-cp35m.cp36m-win_amd64.whl’

1 Like

Moved your comment out to a separate thread to keep things in one place!

This is strange! The file definitely exists in that location, right? Could you share the command you ran to install it? Just pip install? And are you using a virtual envionment / conda environment?

Hi,

I continue having problems with installing the Prodigy whl. I re-installed Anaconda3 to make sure I had Python 3.7 64bit. I then created a virtual env (env_spacy), and install software in
(env_spacy) C:\Anaconda3\Scripts. “conda install spacy” works fine.
I then try to install prodigy, C:\Anaconda3\prodigy…amd64.whl

• Using conda: conda install …\prodigy…amd64.whl
  • Result: PackagesNotFoundError, followed by a list of channels
  • Using pip: pip install …\prodigy…amd64.whl
  • Result: prodigy…amd64.whl is not a supported whl on this platform.
    As per prodigy installation instructions I try to determine the platform
  • distutils.utils.get_platform(). Not recognized as command.
  • python -m distutils.utils.get_platform() does not work either (even don’t know if that should work)

So pretty much :confused: Suggestions?

@aph61 Sorry if this was confusing! To instally the wheel, you should use pip, which can install packages directly from wheel files (which conda install can’t, as far as I know). The package will still be installed into the same environment, so it should be compatible with any other packages you’ve installed via conda.

pip install prodigy…amd64.whl

The distutils.utils.get_platform() command needs to be executed in Python – we should probably make this more explicit in the docs (sorry about that). So you’d do something like this:

import distultils
print(distutils.utils.get_platform())

Or, alternatively from the command line:

python -c "import distutils; print(distutils.utils.get_platform())"
1 Like

@aph61 In my case I had to use python 3.6, as apparently my downloaded wheel supports only 3.5 and 3.6.
Let me know if you need further help. I managed today to successfully install Prodigy on Win 10, so the experience is still fresh :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Ines, Pawel,

I had the same experience, it’s a python 3.6 v 3.7 issue. Solved by using python 3.6 in spacy environment. Leaves me with the problem to get the web-app running, I’ve the infamous “Oops, something went wrong :(” message displayed. (command: "python -m prodigy terms.teach med_terminology en_core_web_lg --seeds “cancer, sarcoma, leukemia”. The model generates very relevant terms for this non-trivial domain. kudos!)

That's strange! Could you open the developer tools in the browser and check if there's an error message there? And are you using the latest version of Prodigy?

Updating with note on Windows installation with Conda.

I created an environment for spacy and ran into to trouble when conda defaulted to a python 2.7 build of 2.0.18. This caused the wheel to fail but the fix was nothing to do with the wheel file name and instead getting the right version of wheel installed by getting the right (python 3.7) build of spacy.

Anyway, maybe this will save others some grief, when using Conda make sure to get the Spacy build that matches your python build so you get the right version of wheel.

I am unable to install prodigy
can somebody please guide me to install it on windows 10.
I have already installed spacy 2.2.3& my python version is 3.7.2
while installing I'm getting below error

Processing c:\users\user\prodigy-1.8.5-cp35.cp36.cp37-cp35m.cp36m.cp37m-win_amd64.whl
ERROR: Could not install packages due to an EnvironmentError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\Users\user\prodigy-1.8.5-cp35.cp36.cp37-cp35m.cp36m.cp37m-win_amd64.whl'
I used this command to install
'pip install prodigy-1.8.5-cp35.cp36.cp37-cp35m.cp36m.cp37m-win_amd64.whl'

Hi! Are you sure that file is really in that location? The error usually means that it can't find the file you're trying to load / install. You're running pip install with a path relative to the current working directory (which seems to be C:\Users\user\). So that's where it's looking for the file. Maybe you need to adjust the path?