annotations cannot be manually saved, only auto-saved periodically

im trying to run a minimal video/audio labelling example --

python3 -m prodigy audio.manual drifting_data ./videos --loader video --label LABEL1,LABEL2

with a few mp4 videoclips in the folder.

The gui starts no problem, i can label stuff, and I see output from db-out if I wait for it to periodically save, but if i start a new dataset and hit the "save" button after making 1 or 2 labels, the floppy-disk icon turns into a checkmark, but nothing is saved under db-out. No errors in javascript console or in server terminal.

I tried some of the suggestions from this thread but no luck.

any clue what the problem might be? or is it possible to have it save after every "accept" or reduce the save period?

python 3.6.9
prodigy 1.10.3
spacy 2.3.2
thinc 7.4.1

Linux 5.3.0-1028-aws x86_64

thanks!

Hi! How large are the video files you're annotating? And if you hit save manually, wait for a couple of minutes and keep an eye on the JavaScript console and the API requests it

My suspicion is that it could be related to the file size and the data being sent back to the server. So saving manually might just take very long. (There couldn't be any interaction with spaCy or Thinc, since those libraries wouldn't be used in the manual audio/video workflows).

If your files are large, an easy solution would be to use the video-server loader, which will serve your video files via the local web server so the data itself doesn't have to be sent across.