Prodigy on Nixos -- unable to run after installation

First-time poster here.

I purchased prodigy and I'm trying to get it working on nixos -- a Linux built on the nix package manager that stores its executables in a single read-only directory.

Both installing via pip and building the nixos way fail with different ModuleNotFound errors.

Before I go too deeply down this rabbit hole, have you made prodigy work on nix or nixos before?

Hi, thanks for your purchase.

We don't use Nix ourselves during development and nobody on the team happens to use it on their own machines. I think it's a great technology though so if there's a small adjustment we need to make to have it work more gracefully we'd be happy to do that.

Here's the symptom:

$ prodigy
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<frozen runpy>", line 198, in _run_module_as_main
  File "/home/sec/development/aiml/prodigy-workbench/.devenv/state/venv/lib/python3.11/site-packages/srsly/ujson/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from .ujson import decode, encode, dump, dumps, load, loads  # noqa: F401
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ImportError: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The fix is for the user to define LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the standard environment. See Packaging Quirks and Caveats in the Nixos Wiki.

There may be another way to do this via the nix instructions to build and install a package. I'll also work on that and let you know.