No module named prodigy.core

Just bought a single license. Running Anaconda on windows, Did a pip install it failed, renamed whl file platform part to amd64 it works fine showing no errors on the installing and I see the package site-packages. When trying to create my dataset I get no module named prodigy core. Its fails to find the reference on the import …core in the compare.py file

from ..core import recipe, recipe_args

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘prodigy.core’

Thanks for opening the issue and sorry about that!

It looks like there might have been an issue with the Windows wheel, which caused it to only build for win32. While the recipes are regular Python files, the other modules like core are compiled and have file names like core.cp36-win32.pyd. So I think what’s going on here is that it tries to find the compatible files for your platform and fails, so it outputs the above error.

Sorry again! Just getting our build machine ready so we can get to the bottom of this and rebuild and update the wheel. (I don’t think renaming the *-win32.pyd files in your site-packages would work – but you could still try!)

Sure, thank you. As a note I see these pyd files.

core.cp35-win_amd64.pyd
core.cp36-win32.pyd

My Platform
utils.util; print(distutils.util.get_platform())"
win-amd64

print(sys.version)
3.6.0 |Anaconda custom (64-bit)| (default, Dec 23 2016, 11:57:41) [MSC v.1900 64 bit (AMD64)]

@rkeyvani Thanks for looking into this and posting more info – much appreciated.

This actually looks better than I thought – so maybe the real issue here is that somehow, our build pipeline built Python 3.5 wheels for amd64, and Python 3.6 wheels for win32 (instead of both wheels for both platforms). This would still explain why it fails for you, because it looks for a cp36-compatible file.

If you have a second, could you try renaming all *.cp35-win_amd64 to *.cp36-win_amd64? Hope this didn’t cause too much inconvenience – we’ll be working on the new build in the meantime!

I have renamed the files as you suggested, still errors out however a different error on the python version
", line 7, in
from …core import recipe, recipe_args
ImportError: Module use of python35.dll conflicts with this version of Python.

Thanks for trying – and yeah, the fix sounded too good to be true, to be honest.

Making good progress on the new wheel, though!

@rkeyvani Just replaced the Windows wheel – you should be able to download it via your download link. It’s now called prodigy-1.0.0-cp35.cp36-cp35m.cp36m-win_amd64.whl. I really hope it all works fine now – our tests passed and it contains the right files, so fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

(Btw, I forgot to reset the user download limits this time, but don’t worry – we’ll always reset the limit when a new version is released, so you shouldn’t run out of downloads. And if you do, just let us know and we’ll reset it manually.)

1 Like

perfect, thanks!