Error handling url using Prodigy + nginx

Hello there,

I'm trying to access prodi.gy as a path resolved by nginx on my webserver. I'm using it with a couple of services in my docker-compose.yml. In my docker-compose.yml I have the following:

textcat:
        <<: *default-prodigy-service
        environment: 
          <<: *intents
        command: >
          textcat.manual
          dataset
          dataset.json
          --label

my nginx.conf has the following:

location /textcat/ {
        proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $remote_addr;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
        proxy_set_header Host $host;
        proxy_pass http://textcat/;
    }

thing is, I'm able to access the prodi.gy service but the request being made is not correct, since it tries to resolve to my-service-ip:my-service-port/project instead of my-service-ip:my-service-port/textcat/project.
has any one been able to resolve the same sort of issue? I've been trying this for a couple of hours and did not yet manage to solve it.

When I access the server, I get the following error:

Apologies for not getting back to you on this. I'm pleased to report we've worked out a solution to this, so we'll be able to support path-based routing in upcoming versions of Prodigy.

For now though, the recommended workaround is to use subdomain routing. So instead of serving the app on /textcat/, you'd serve it on the root, and use a subdomain like textcat..

1 Like

I appreciate your time, @honnibal.
That's the workaround we've used here. Looking forward for the upcoming updates :wink:

Just released v1.10.6, which should support this out-of-the-box :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!

Best regards,

Diego