Customizing rel.manual interface

Thanks for your answer @magdaaniol.

Re decreasing the whitespace between the tokens: I understand that some of the whitespace and tokenization play a role. However, I was wondering if the front end rendering could be customized to decrease the visual space between tokens (even if there is no setting for this, perhaps using Javascript). The reason is that it is hard to read the text with all the bounding boxes and space between tokens. Since our annotators will be annotating both NER and RE at the same time, and the texts are dense in content, we would prefer to customize the interface to make it more similar to what is displayed in ner.manual, that is, display it as normal text.

• More specifically, is there a way to remove bounding boxes on non-entity tokens?
  • Is it possible to decrease the padding of the bounding boxes and decrease the visual space between tokens (just the visual space, not the actual whitespace in the original text)?

If the options above are not possible, is there a way to modify the interface to display the normal text above and the interactive interface of rel.manual? This would help annotators read the normal text and then annotate it in the interface below it. Hopefully this is not confusing but I can try to explain it better.

Thanks!