Unable to install in M1 mac

I am trying to install prodigy on my m1 mac but getting wheel unsupported error.

python -c "import distutils.util; print(distutils.util.get_platform())" 
macosx-11-arm64

Here's the things I tried -

1. pip install ~/Downloads/dist/prodigy-1.11.0a8-cp36.cp37.cp38.cp39-cp36m.cp37m.cp38.cp39-macosx_10_14_x86_64.whl

ERROR: prodigy-1.11.0a8-cp36.cp37.cp38.cp39-cp36m.cp37m.cp38.cp39-macosx_10_14_x86_64.whl is not a supported wheel on this platform.

1. Tried unpacking the wheel into site-packages. This fails with unmatched version with cpython.

2. Use pip install with miniconda - This fails with prodigy/prodigy/models/dep.cpython-38-darwin.so: code signature in (prodigy/prodigy/models/dep.cpython-38-darwin.so) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: library load disallowed by system policy

My python version is 3.8.10. Are m1 macs supported with the current release?

The current release is only supported in emulation mode. See some options of how to do this in this thread: Can't install Prodigy - Apple M1 - #3 by adriane

Is there any timeline on when they will be natively supported? I tried the solution above, but it results in this error

prodigy/prodigy/models/dep.cpython-38-darwin.so: code signature in (prodigy/prodigy/models/dep.cpython-38-darwin.so) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: library load disallowed by system policy

I can bypass the check for this one file manually, but it keeps on again and again for more files.

Hmm, it sounds like something has gone wrong with the install. Have you tried the miniconda option? I found that was the easiest to keep the virtual environment separate and know that it was going to stay in emulation mode.

Our current plan is to support it for the upcoming v1.11, but the new wheels aren't part of the nightly distribution yet.

1 Like