Installation issues on Mac (MacOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6)

Hi,

I'm trying to install Prodigy 1.11 on my Mac (macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6, and the model year is 2017). While using prodigy-1.11.7-cp310-cp310-macosx_10_14_x86_64.whl, I received the error '*.whl is not a supported wheel on this platform." I made sure that the Python version is correct, and the only mismatch may be the macOS version (10.14 vs. 10.13.6). Is there a whl that I can use for MacOS 10.13? Installing via pip was only able to fetch an old Prodigy version.

Thanks!

Which Python version are you using? The specific wheel name here indicates it's for Python 3.10, so if you're running a different Python version, you'd have to install the wheel matching that version.

That's definitely suspicious! Which Prodigy version did pip install? Is there something in the log that indicates why this version was installed? Maybe there's something else in your environment that's incompatible and leads to pip pulling in an older version?

Hi - I am trying to install and getting this error - i have python 3.9 , mac version 10.15.7
alos tried using conda env but no luck
ERROR: prodigy-1.11.7-cp39-cp39-macosx_11_0_arm64.whl is not a supported wheel on this platform.

If think you want to install the other wheel for macOS, not the ARM wheel. If you're not sure which wheel is the correct fit for your platform, you can also just point pip at the directory of downloaded files and it will pick the correct one automatically: Installation & Setup · Prodigy · An annotation tool for AI, Machine Learning & NLP

Alternatively, you can also install with pip directly from our download server and it'll also pick the best-matching wheel out-of-the-box: Installation & Setup · Prodigy · An annotation tool for AI, Machine Learning & NLP