Train recipe uses different Tokenizer than in ner.manual

Hey, I modified the blank:xx model, by overriding the infix rule:

Initialize a blank model

nlp_de = spacy.blank("xx")

Override the infix rule to add the hyphen as a separator for the current loaded model

infix_rules = nlp_de.Defaults.infixes + [r'''[-~()=]|(?<=[a-zA-Z0-9])*^|(?<=[a-zA-Z]):<>/|(?<=()[^)]*(?=))''']
infix_re = spacy.util.compile_infix_regex(infix_rules)

Set the modified infix rule to the tokenizer

nlp_de.tokenizer.infix_finditer = infix_re.finditer

Save the modified model to disk

nlp_de.to_disk("extended_xx_model")

basically like this: (Creating a custom spaCy tokenizer to use with Prodigy - virtual7 GmbH - Blog)

But when i use the train recipe it uses the default tokenizer tokenizer = {"@tokenizers":"spacy.Tokenizer.v1"}

I tried to modify the config in various ways and even added the modifies infix_finditer in the config

[components.tokenizer]
@tokenizers = "spacy.Tokenizer.v1"
infix_finditer = r'''[-~()=]|(?<=[a-zA-Z0-9])*^|(?<=[a-zA-Z]):<>/|(?<=()[^)]*(?=))'''

Do you have another suggestion what I might add/change?

Welcome to the forum @kaiser :wave:

Sourcing the custom tokenizer when passing --base_model is currently not automated. You'd need to modify it via the config.cfg file.
If you already have your modified base_model as package, you could try adding the following to the config file:

# Inside your .cfg file
[initialize.before_init]
@callbacks = "spacy.copy_from_base_model.v1"
tokenizer = "your_base_model"
vocab = "your_base_model"

Alternatively, you can:

1. Define your modification as a registered callback:
# functions.py
from spacy.util import registry, compile_infix_regex
from spacy.lang.char_classes import ALPHA, ALPHA_LOWER, ALPHA_UPPER, HYPHENS

@registry.callbacks("customize_tokenizer")
def make_customize_tokenizer():
    def customize_tokenizer(nlp):
        infix_rules = nlp.Defaults.infixes + [r"(?<=[{a}])(?:{h})(?=[{a}])".format(a=ALPHA, h=HYPHENS)]
        infix_re = spacy.util.compile_infix_regex(infix_rules)
        nlp.tokenizer.infix_finditer = infix_re.finditer
    return customize_tokenizer
  1. Reference this callback in the config file so that it runs before the pipeline initialization
[initialize]

[initialize.before_init]
@callbacks = "customize_tokenizer"

See spaCy docs for details: Training Pipelines & Models ยท spaCy Usage Documentation

Then you'd run trainlike so:
python -m prodigy train ./output -n ner_dataset --config config.cfg -F functions.py
where functions.py contains the registered callback for modifying the tokenizer.

Please note that you can generate the config with spacy init confighttps://spacy.io/usage/training/#quickstart