pyannote support

Hello,

I'm on Prodigy 1.11.14 and I've been struggling to get pyannote to work. My primary source of reference is Audio and Video · Prodigy · An annotation tool for AI, Machine Learning & NLP.

I installed pyannote (2.1.1) the recommended way:

pip install -qq https://github.com/pyannote/pyannote-audio/archive/refs/heads/develop.zip

Question 1: Is pyannote.sad.manual still supported?

The example on the Audio & Video page:

prodigy pyannote.sad.manual speech_activity ./data/wav  -chunk 5

yields ✘ Can't find recipe or command 'pyannote.sad.manual'.

Following the link on that page, I was brought to this in the pyannote repo. It actually doesn't look like that manual is there in the most recent version (2.1.1). A quick inspection of version 1.1.1 of pyannote (via github) seems to suggest it does exist in the earlier version.

Question 2: Is it possible to have pyannote in the loop at all?

Even using this from their tutorial:

prodigy pyannote.audio dataset /path/to/audio/directory pyannote/speaker-segmentation

I'm seeing Could not download 'pyannote/speaker-segmentation' pipeline. I've logged in with huggingface-cli login and loading the pipeline directly in Python works, so I'm not sure why I'm seeing that message.

I tried putting the hard-coded token in the file just to test it out, which fixed that error, but now I'm seeing:

FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '.../site-packages/pyannote/audio/interactive/common/controller.js'

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Hi there!

I followed this link in our docs which indeed seems to be point to an empty folder. So it seems that the model the tutorial uses isn't available anymore ... which means that I'll need to dive into the history a bit to see if we can recover it via some other method.

Do you have a link where you saw this? I just want to make sure that I have an overview of all the links from our side that point to the pyannotate side. I did find this doc on their end, but I haven't found the associated code for it just yet.

https://github.com/pyannote/pyannote-audio/blob/develop/tutorials/prodigy.md#recipes

I'll respond more in a bit after I've done some digging!

I'll discuss this internally, it does look like the Prodigy features may have been deprecated on their end. Per the information in this PR:

In particular, this commit seems to remove the Prodigy recipes

pyannote.sad.manual is used for a main example in your docs Usage Audio&Video subsection Speech activity detection (Audio and Video · Prodigy · An annotation tool for AI, Machine Learning & NLP). A main reason for me to buy Prodigy was to do speakerdiarization. Please change this subsection into something useful: for example how is pyannote.sad.manual constructed and how to substitute it.

Hi there.

You're totally right, the site should be updated. My recollection was that we had already made the change, but it seems to have fallen through the cracks. Sorry! Will delete that bit right away.

If you bought the product with the expectation to use that specific recipe then we will gladly refund you if it's a deal-breaker. That said, you should still be possible to integrate with a different tool. I may even help out of that because it might make for a nice candidate for a plugin. I'm currently the lead on the integration work for plugins so if there's a toolchain you feel I should check out I'll gladly spend some time on it.