Prodigy installation error - setup file not found

No luck in the new conda environment. Please keep me posted if you have any updates.

And you're sure that something like pip install torch works correctly?

I'm not really sure what to suggest next. I'm quite certain the problem isn't with Prodigy, as wheel installation never requires executing a setup.py. It's definitely some sort of Python environment misconfiguration, since none of the Prodigy code gets executed at all.

Perhaps you could contact your system administrators?

All other packages through pip are getting installed. I have tried it on three other systems, every system throws the same error. When we unzip the whl file and try to install it throws the error called " bad zip file".

Maybe that's the problem then – have you tried redownloading the file? Maybe the wheel installer got corrupted in the download process?

Our whl file was indeed corrupt. I started installing with new Whl file but peewee installation throws an error. As you have suggested in another post I am trying installing peewee through whl but couldn't find the matching installation. Can you please help me out ?

Glad you got it working!

See here for Windows wheels: https://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#peewee

But the whl are greater than peewee version 3.9.6. I thing prodigy needs less than 3.0.0. right ?

Succesfully installed . But When I try to annotate this gives me the blow error and traceback

(base) C:>python -m prodigy ner.manual en_core_web_sm C:\Users\bhargavi.eruva\Downloads\test.txt --label invoice,date,total,vat
Using 4 labels: invoice, date, total, vat
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Apps\Anaconda\lib\runpy.py", line 193, in run_module_as_main
"main", mod_spec)
File "C:\Apps\Anaconda\lib\runpy.py", line 85, in run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
File "C:\Apps\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\prodigy_main
.py", line 380, in
controller = recipe(args, use_plac=True)
File "cython_src\prodigy\core.pyx", line 212, in prodigy.core.recipe.recipe_decorator.recipe_proxy
File "C:\Users\bhargavi.eruva\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python37\site-packages\plac_core.py", line 328, in call
cmd, result = parser.consume(arglist)
File "C:\Users\bhargavi.eruva\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python37\site-packages\plac_core.py", line 207, in consume
return cmd, self.func(
(args + varargs + extraopts), **kwargs)
File "C:\Apps\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\prodigy\recipes\ner.py", line 183, in manual
nlp = spacy.load(spacy_model)
File "C:\Users\bhargavi.eruva\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python37\site-packages\spacy_init
.py", line 27, in load
return util.load_model(name, **overrides)
File "C:\Users\bhargavi.eruva\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python37\site-packages\spacy\util.py", line 136, in load_model
return load_model_from_path(Path(name), **overrides)
File "C:\Users\bhargavi.eruva\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python37\site-packages\spacy\util.py", line 162, in load_model_from_path
meta = get_model_meta(model_path)
File "C:\Users\bhargavi.eruva\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python37\site-packages\spacy\util.py", line 210, in get_model_meta
raise IOError(Errors.E053.format(path=meta_path))
OSError: [E053] Could not read meta.json from C:\Users\bhargavi.eruva\Downloads\test.txt\meta.json

Figured it out!!1