ner.manual with combination of text and corresponding showing image

Hello,

I would like to create a ner.manual task on a created ocr-textlayer. Because the ocr has some errors, it would be nice to display the original image next to the ner.manual interface.

My JSONL for the ner Tasks looks like this:

{"text": "my super simple dummy text", "meta": {"filename": "E:\input\ocr\dummy.txt", "image_source": "E:\input\jpg\dummy.jpg"}}

Therefore the information of the image path is given with the json. I am aware of the problem, that the browser maybe is not displaying local file image, so I will create an url afterwards, instead of a file path.

As I tried to solve this issue, I came accross different solution options in my mind but I don´t know which one is the easiest.

1. Create custom_recipe based on ner_manual with blocks and a image and ner_manual interface, but i don´t need to annotate the image.
    blocks = [
    {"view_id": "image"},
    {"view_id": "ner_manual"}]

My Problem is, that I dont know how to embed the image from
# Load the stream from a JSONL file and return a generator that yields a
# dictionary for each example in the data.
stream = JSONL(source)
into the stream and not to create 2 independent streams one with text and one with the images (fetch_media).

1. Use something with a html-template
    How to embed then in one column the image and the other column the ner_manual interface.

I think this should be a very common task, so maybe someone already did something like this and can give some advice or some code I can get an orientation how to implement it.

Thanks
Akiono

hi @AkionoWan!

Thanks for your question and welcome to the Prodigy community :wave:

Have you seen this post?

It does something similar to your second recommendation (html_template), which is likely what I would go with. Also, hopefully their mergeStreams() function is a solution for your earlier problem of 2 independent streams.

If you do have more issues, it would help us to help debug if you provide a simple reproducible example like the above post has.

Let me know if this either helps (or doesn't).