ImportError: cannot import name FIFOCache

Hi everyone; I installed the latest prodigy version 1.11.7 inside a conda environment, Linux x86-x64 & python 3.7.3 and I cant start the server anymore, it is showing me this error message:

from prodigy.components.filters import filter_duplicates
  File "/home/prodigy/anaconda3/envs/Job_CV_Parsers/lib/python3.7/site-packages/prodigy/__init__.py", line 7, in <module>
    from . import recipes
  File "/home/prodigy/anaconda3/envs/Job_CV_Parsers/lib/python3.7/site-packages/prodigy/recipes/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from . import dep, ner, textcat, pos, sent, compare, terms, generic, image  # noqa
  File "/home/prodigy/anaconda3/envs/Job_CV_Parsers/lib/python3.7/site-packages/prodigy/recipes/dep.py", line 12, in <module>
    from ..components.loaders import get_stream
  File "cython_src/prodigy/components/loaders.pyx", line 11, in init prodigy.components.loaders
  File "/home/prodigy/anaconda3/envs/Job_CV_Parsers/lib/python3.7/site-packages/prodigy/app.py", line 23, in <module>
    from .core import Controller
  File "cython_src/prodigy/core.pyx", line 9, in init prodigy.core
  File "cython_src/prodigy/components/feeds.pyx", line 2, in init prodigy.components.feeds
ImportError: cannot import name FIFOCache

Hi! Could you run pip list and check which version of cachetools you ended up with in your environment?

Hi @ines, I have cachetools==4.0.0

Are you able to upgrade to cachetools==5.0.0?

1 Like

Hi! I confirm that upgrading to cachetools==5.0.0 solves the problem.

1 Like