[Errno 10048] error while attempting to bind

hi @beperron,

Thanks for your question.

Typically the main reason you're getting this error is because you still have running another instance of Prodigy running but don't realize it (this is why you're getting a port collision).

The easiest way to resolve is to look at what's running on that port and try to shut it down.

Can you try this? I'd start first with the 8080 as my assumption is you may have a Prodigy process still running on that port and may need to kill it. Alternatively, you could restart your computer and try again. I'm a bit more hesitant on 8000 as I'm a bit worried this may be non-Prodigy/Jupyter related.

I don't understand what you mean that "it doesn't load in the details of the dataset:". Can you explain more?

Was this from opening localhost:8080 or localhost:8000?

Are you getting these same issues if you run Prodigy from a terminal, not a Jupyter notebook?

In the past, I know some users have experienced issues that are actually Jupyter related, not Prodigy. While Jupyter may make be easier for some things, we've noticed a lot of users realizing Jupyter introduces a lot of new problems so Prodigy is typically better to use on the CLI, especially if you're having issues like this.

Did you try any other port? Not sure if you have some other non-Prodigy/Jupyter related process running on 8000 too.

Fyi, you can normally specify config overrides like PRODIGY_PORT=1234 python -m prodigy ....

Can you try a few other ports to see if it works?

This can be a bit more complex when using Jupyter too:

Hope this gives you a few pointers to start with.