Do not display label

I want to setup a custom recipe NER recipe. Since it's short text fragments the annotations are pretty dense I'd like to distinguish the labels only by color and not display the actual label next to it, is this possible?

Hi! One simple solution would be to just hide the label visually. If you're using Prodigy v1.11+, you can use the .prodigy-label class in the "global_css" config: https://prodi.gy/docs/custom-interfaces#css For example:

"global_css": ".prodigy-label { display: none }"

This hides the label in the annotation UI, but still lets you select the labels by name at the top if you're annotating with the ner_manual UI.

1 Like

Hi @ines I am attempting similar thing. Is it possible while using displacy.render?

hi @arda!

Since displacy is part of spaCy (which is open source), you can view the code:

I think whatever is specified as the "label" name will be displayed in displaCy as the label. So perhaps you could modify the name. The one problem you may have is then it can't distinguish between each of the labels to provide a different color.

Therefore, it's seemingly you may need to rewrite the renderer for the functionality you're looking for.

Also, FYI, for questions that are specific to spaCy (e.g., specifics on displaCy), it's typically better to post those questions to the spaCy GitHub Discussion page. The spaCy core developer team answers questions there while this forum is typically for Prodigy-specific functionality.

Hope this helps!