I'm a bit confused about Prodigy keeping annotated documents cached until saving occurs.
- A document is being annotated.
- The connection to the server is cut (for whatever reason; to reproduce you can simply shut it down).
- The annotator accepts and saves the document, and the error "couldn't connect to server" pops up.
- The document is "cached" into the history. So far so good. No annotations are lost.
- Now, when the user clicks the save icon again, the document suddenly disappears from the history, but IS counted in the UI stats.
- When the connection to the server is restored, and another document is saved, the previous "failed" document isn't in the database (even though it IS in the UI stats).
Is this a bug, or am I overlooking something?
Thanks a lot in advance!