Security in a healthcare domain

Hi,

I wondered if anyone could answer if they had used this application in the healthcare domain? It seems to me that since it is all local, it would be safe to use on patient data. Mostly I’m worried about potential transfer of sensitive data when transferring a license or updating the software during the 12months although first-glance this doesn’t seem to be an issue.

Can anyone confirm? It is basically a no-go if any part of it communicates via internet.

Thanks!

Hi! Prodigy runs on your machine and will never “phone home” or otherwise connect to our or anyone else’s servers. You can run it on an airtight machine without access to the internet. We actually have many users in healthcare and similar domains and the data privacy is definitely an important feature (and a very conscious decision we’ve made when designing the tool).

Whenever there’s a new update, you’ll receive an email with a download link, so there’s no auto-update process that needs internet access. You do need to download the library dependencies like spaCy from pypi, but you can do all of this manually if you need to.