RTL support in text and text_input

Hi,
I am working with Hebrew data and writing_dir is set to rtl as needed.
When I open my data using ner.manual, the text is shown appropriately from right to left.
However, when I open it with a custom recipe (blocks of text & text_input), it seems like both interfaces do not respect the writing_dir directive since their content is shown left to right. Did I miss something?
Thanks!
Oren

Thanks for the heads-up, it looks like the text_input UI currently doesn't implement the writing direction setting yet. We'll fix this!

In the meantime, you should be able to add it yourself by including the following in the global_css in your prodigy.json:

input[type='text'], textarea { direction: rtl }

You can also use this to override other elements, like custom HTML in blocks etc.

Thanks!
I've added your suggestion to prodigy.json. It indeed affects the textarea (BTW not its label) however the "text" interface is still shown left-to-right. Does your fix cover the text interface as well?
Oren

Ah, no, my override was just for the inputs. For the text, you should be able add something like this:

input[type='text'], textarea, .prodigy-content { direction: rtl }
1 Like

Hi,
I am now working with ner and ner_manual. Could you please tell which css declarations will correct their RTL directionality as well?
Thanks
Oren

If you're working with those interfaces, setting "writing_dir": "rtl" in your prodigy.json should be all you need :slightly_smiling_face:

Indeed, when I work with ner_manual (from the command line or using a custom recipe), the RTL direction is fine. However, while using ner in a custom recipe - it is shown LTR.

hi @omishali!

Please try again on v1.11.9 we released in January 23, 2023. We've fixed RTL on text_input so it should work now. Please let us know if you still have issues.