Prodigy bind error

Hi

I wanted to open up prodigy to multiple users and I have done port forwarding using Nginx and opened ports for firewallmd, however, I am getting the following error:

:sparkles: Starting the web server at http://localhost:8082 ...
Open the app in your browser and start annotating!

ERROR: [Errno 98] error while attempting to bind on address ('127.0.0.1', 8082): address already in use

I have also opened the inbound port in Azure.

Thanks,
Vaishnavi

Hi! This error usually means that there's already something else running on that port (8082). Maybe just try and check what it is, and kill it if it's a process you don't want? See here for examples: macos - Find (and kill) process locking port 3000 on Mac - Stack Overflow

Thanks Ines.

I think I figured out the problem. I am trying to proxypass using nginx and I have prodigy installed in AZURE VM and my bind error was because nginx was running. When I stopped, nginx the prodigy ran fine but unable to proxy pass. So, what I need is how to proxy pass in a Azure VM?

Thanks,
Vaishnavi

NGINX and Prodigy should be running on different ports- in general NGINX should be on 80 and 443 (for ssl), and prodigy can run on any other port (8080 for example).

The VM should only need the ports that NGINX is using (80 and 443) open for incoming traffic, while Prodigy traffic can be blocked because people will be using NGINX instead to access Prodigy as a proxy.