local prodigy.json breaks recipe

I misread the documentation and did not realise that I should place the prodigy.json file in PRODIGY_HOME. Instead I placed it in the folder where I was running the command. Interestingly enough though, this cause the server to break.

(venv) ec2-user:~/environment/prodigy (master) $ 
prodigy classify_imgs fluctimg /home/ec2-user/environment/prodigy/generated-imgs "pretty" -F recipies.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", mod_spec)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/runpy.py", line 85, in _run_code
    exec(code, run_globals)
  File "/home/ec2-user/environment/prodigy/venv/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/prodigy/__main__.py", line 254, in <module>
    controller = recipe(*args, use_plac=True)
  File "cython_src/prodigy/core.pyx", line 161, in prodigy.core.recipe.recipe_decorator.recipe_proxy
  File "cython_src/prodigy/util.pyx", line 52, in prodigy.util.get_config
  File "cython_src/prodigy/util.pyx", line 375, in prodigy.util.read_json
  File "cython_src/prodigy/util.pyx", line 376, in prodigy.util.read_json
ValueError: Expected object or value

Not breaking or anything at the moment, but it feels like a bug that deserves mentioning.

This is strange – placing a prodigy.json in the current working directory should definitely work. In fact, it’s supposed to overwrite the global config, to allow project-specific settings (that can then easily be synced via GitHub etc.).

Looking at the error, it seems like loading the JSON fails here. Did you verify that both prodigy.json files were identical, and that the one you loaded from your current working directory didn’t contain a JSON error by mistake?