Get progress status for ongoing dataset

Hey everyone!
I'm a bit new here and couldn't find a solution in previous posts.
I want to retrieve the progress percentage, as shown in the Prodigy UI (image attached), using a Python script.

Is there any way to obtain this value with Python code? I'm currently using Prodigy 1.11.8...
Thank you all!

Hi there!

Progress bars work a bit differently in later versions of Prodigy, but you should be able to get this value if you're using custom recipes. It's explained in more detail in the API guide here:

In short, the progress bar value is something that you can customize via a callback. This callback can also log values as a side effect.

Does this help?

In short, the progress bar value is something that you can customize via a callback. This callback can also log values as a side effect.

So, if I understand you correctly, there is no default way to do this, right? Creating a customized recipe is the best solution for this situation, correct?
Thanks!

So, if I understand you correctly, there is no default way to do this, right?

Correct!

Creating a customized recipe is the best solution for this situation, correct?

I suppose another way of going about this is to write a custom Python script that compares the Prodigy dataset with the input file to generate a summary statistic instead. That way you may skip the custom recipe.

Thank you!

1 Like